NO PART OF IT - A Chicago Record Label

A couple of months ago i received a box of music from Arvo Zylo, the curator of the No Part Of It label out of Chicago. Mostly compact discs and a cassette. Some of Arlo's releases and two other extremely talented artists. The box also contained a worn and faded typed letter looking like it could have been written years ago. Since it was addressed to me, i assumed it had just been written. The letter told the story of how No Part Of It had started off not using the now conventional methods of digital discovery and distribution. In so doing the some of these releases did not get the exposure they really deserved. Now the label has been retooled and digital versions are ready to be heard and physical copies are available to be purchased through the internet.

This was a daunting en devour for me. I have been looking at the small box Arvo sent me, reviewing other cassettes instead and wondering if i could tackle No Part Of It releases. They are intense and leave very little room for lazy day listening. Over the past week i have been sick. Maybe the recordings pulled me in and helped me recover. I feel better now and have five write ups ready.

Here is are the links to the individual posts:

Links
No Part Of It site - bandcamp